Hartenberg CWG Auction Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
93% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc
Wine of Origin Stellenbosch
- The Hartenberg Estate Cabernet Sauvignon has been bottled since the 1968 vintage.
- The wine was selected from the single best Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard on the Estate to make this wine.
- Only three barrels of this wine were made to be sold over only one weekend of an entire year, making it truly exclusive.
- The wine is able to mature beneficially up to 25 years from vintage.
- The 2005 vintage was selected as the IWSC Best International Cabernet, winning the Warren Winiarski Trophy.
Tasting Notes: Brooding. Lead pencil and a mix of blackberry fruit, layers of cigar box and nuances of cedar. The palate exhibits both depth and flavour. Finely meshed tannins ensure a lingering finish.
Ready for drinking 5 years from vintage date and for the following 20 years.
Winemaker: Carl Schultz
Price raised per case
- 6 x 750ml or equivalent
- Highest: R
- Lowest: R
- Average: R
- Bottle Size 750ml
- Case Size: 6 x 750ml
- Cases Produced: 110
- Cases Auctioned: 60
- Alc: 14.5 vol%
- RS: 1.77 g/l
- TA: 6.04 g/l
- pH: 3.50