Kanonkop CWG Paul Sauer 2020
69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Cabernet Franc, 14% Merlot
Wine of Origin Simonsberg-Stellenbosch
- One of the first Bordeaux-style blends made in South Africa.
- 30-year-old vineyards were used to make this wine.
- Low-yielding vineyard blocks at 2-5 T / Ha.
- Traditional manual punch-downs were carried out during fermentation in open top fermenters (kuipe).
- Matured in 100% new French oak barrels for 24 months.
- The first South African wine to score 100 points from Tim Atkin.
Tasting Notes: A typical expression of cassis and liquorice on the nose. The palate shows tension that flows into a fresh, savoury aftertaste.
Ready for drinking from 2025.
Winemaker: Abrie Beeslaar
Price raised per case
- 6 x 750ml or equivalent
- Highest: R
- Lowest: R
- Average: R
- Bottle Size 750ml
- Case Size: 6 x 750ml
- Cases Produced: 78
- Cases Auctioned: 56
- Alc: 13.37 vol%
- RS: 2.8 g/l
- TA: 6.3 g/l
- pH: 3.48