Newton Johnson Family Vineyards Sandford Chardonnay 2021
Wine of Origin Upper Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
- The best single vineyard site of Chardonnay on Newton Johnson, illustrating the clarity and energy obtained in our granite soils in a veritable cool and maritime climate.
- Striving for authenticity with a natural winemaking approach (no added yeast, enzymes, bentonite or SO2 until bottling).
- Only the best quality (first) juice fraction is used from the whole bunch press.
- The vineyard is approaching a mature age of 15 years.
- Made for ageing through juice oxidation.
Tasting Notes: Elaborate citrus fruit layers of yuzu and lime, juxtaposed with white flowers, baking spice, crushed stones and gunflint. The plush and compact texture is prolonged with vitality in the tapered finish.
Ready for drinking in 3 to 8 years.
Winemaker: Gordon Newton Johnson
Price raised per case
- 6 x 750ml or equivalent
- Highest: R
- Lowest: R
- Average: R
- Bottle Size 750ml
- Case Size: 6 x 750ml
- Cases Produced: 108
- Cases Auctioned: 60
- Alc: 14.2 vol%
- RS: 2.6 g/l
- TA: 7.1 g/l
- pH: 3.34