Raats Family Wines The Fountain Terroir Specific Chenin Blanc 2022
100% Chenin Blanc
Wine of Origin Polkadraai Hills Stellenbosch
- A benchmark Chenin Blanc selected from a dedicated old vineyard in Polkadraai Hills, Stellenbosch.
- The wine tells the story of the unique terroir of the Polkadraai Hills’ decomposed dolomite granite soil.
- We select a small portion of the block identified as consistently the best to craft one barrel for the CWG Auction.
- The Fountain Terroir Specific Chenin Blanc was the first wine Bruwer released for the CWG Auction, and he continues this tradition.
- The wine reflects Bruwer’s lifelong passion and focus for Chenin.
Tasting Notes: The aromatics are opulent, showing quince, yellow apple and mandarin orange, with ginger spice adding dimension alongside intensity.
Ready for drinking in 4 to 8 years.
Winemaker: Bruwer Raats
Price raised per case
- 6 x 750ml or equivalent
- Highest: R
- Lowest: R
- Average: R
- Bottle Size 750ml
- Case Size: 6 x 750ml
- Cases Produced: 66
- Cases Auctioned: 44
- Alc: 13.0 vol%
- RS: 2.2 g/l
- TA: 5.7 g/l
- pH: 3.37